Carla Hyde

Carla Hyde

Saturday, June 4, 2011

A Friendly Conflict?

"Anger cannot be overcome by anger. If someone is angry with you, and you show anger in return, the result is a disaster. On the other hand, if you control your anger and show its opposite – love, compassion, tolerance and patience – not only will you remain peaceful, but the other person's anger will also diminish". Dalai Lama
I have recently been involved in some conflicts between friends. I find myself in the middle of things since I have loved every one of them. And now it is coming down to picking "sides". Which for me is impossible since I believe each of them have been both in the wrong and in the right. The actual "truth" is subjective depending on who I talk to. And I too have been right, wrong and selfish. So how am I to judge?, and choose a side. (This is why I would make a terrible juror by the way).
So what I have decided to do is take no one's side, stay friends with everyone and move on from here. That is my lesson.

No comments:

Post a Comment