Carla Hyde

Carla Hyde

Tuesday, August 11, 2009

You Want Me To Do What?!


My friends at work have offered me a particular challenge of which I've never, ever seen myself doing. They challenged me to a MINI TRIATHLON! At 42 years old, this just didn't seem like something I SHOULD be doing. Hmmmmm, well then, maybe I should... I know what it's like to dig deep and find an inch of drive when it all seems to be gone. I've been there with flying trapeze and especially the aerial silks. So this can't be any harder right? Well 2 months into training and some bumps, scrapes, bruises, sore everything and lots of sweat (training in Florida in summer) I am feeling comfortable enough that I know I will at least finish!


Once in a while we have to challenge ourselves with something out of our comfort zone so we DO feel nervous, scared and uncomfortable. It lets us really feel we are living and creating ourselves. We are not all genetically blessed with incredible talents but facing our fears and working through our issues helps us grow and progress. We become more sensitive and more aware and ultimately we are in a better position to help others face their fears.

6 comments:

  1. i am betting that you will finish in the top 5%. you are a real competitor, and natural born athlete with a great work ethic. You go, girl!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awww, thanks. I AM pretty excited about it. But you should save your money.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Go for it Carla Jean! You can do it!
    Angie
    Love your blog!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I completely agree. We can overcome genetic disadvantages by channeling our focus and staying dedicated. This makes us stronger mentally. I know you will be terrific because of your mind set. Fear is NOT an option.
    "One of the secrets is to make stepping stones out of stumbling blocks"
    -Jack Penn
    One of my favorite quotes.
    Ryan

    ReplyDelete
  5. Just to say you've done this event and finished it will be a really big thing. I'll be there cheering.

    Bev Aldridge

    ReplyDelete
  6. I have complete faith that you will conquer this too!! Good Luck! We love you!
    Beth & Abbie

    ReplyDelete